Are you generally a kind person?
Do you go around looking for opportunities for Random Acts of Kindness towards other people who also share this wonderful world with you?
It’s well documented that by being kind, you actually benefit yourself in many ways.
Every year we celebrate World Kindness Day.
No matter what, you don’t need a special world kindness day to how kindness to others.
You can do so anytime.
Random acts of kindness are a wonderful way of making someone’s day – and not only their day, but yours too!
Kindness is contagious!
And it’s a truly win/win situation – the person you are being kind to benefits through your help whilst you feel good for having helped someone.
Ultimately, the world is a better place through your kindness.
Never underestimate the impact of a single act of kindness. I still remember, after many years, the time someone stopped and helped me after my car had broken down.
Since then, I have stopped on the road myself and helped stranded motorists a number of times. All because of that single act of kindness by a stranger, many years before.
Also, it is important to carry out your acts of kindness without expecting anything back.
So where do you begin?
To get you started, I have listed 31 ideas below – one for each day of the week.
Some of these are random and anonymous ideas. Also, most don’t need any cash outlay from you, just a desire to make a difference.
Put them into practice and also create your own.
31 Ideas for Random Acts of Kindness:-
- Send someone a hand written note of thanks.
- Make a card at home and send it to a friend for no reason.
- Buy a lottery ticket for a stranger.
- Put some coins in someone else’s parking meter.
- Buy a coffee for the man on the high street selling The Big Issue magazine.
- Cut your neighbour’s hedge.
- Walk your friend’s dog.
- Give a compliment about your waiter / waitress to his / her manager.
- Send someone a small gift anonymously.
- Stop and help someone replace their flat tyre.
- Let someone jump the queue at the bank.
- Pay for the drinks on the next table at a café.
- Treat a friend to the movies for no reason.
- Give a huge tip to someone when they least expect it.
- Hold the train door open for someone rushing to get in.
- Give up your seat for someone, not just an elderly person.
- Write notes of appreciation at least once a week.
- Talk to a homeless person and have a “normal” conversation.
- Pick up some rubbish in the road which would otherwise be lying around.
- Compliment a work colleague for their excellence.
- Recommend a competitor to a potential client.
- Give another driver your parking spot.
- Give a piece of fruit to a delivery person.
- Help an elderly neighbour carry the rubbish out.
- Tell all your family members how much your appreciate them.
- Leave a copy of an interesting book on a train / bus.
- Buy an inspirational book for a friend.
- Send a thank you note to a person who has helped you in the distant past.
- Smile a lot.
- Pay the toll for the car behind you / food for the car behind you in a drive-away.
- Clean someone’s house (e.g. someone elderly, sick, mother with new baby).
Please apply the above ideas in your life from today – and let me know how you get on with your random acts of kindness.
Another idea is to share your own unique talents with the world and offer to do things for people in your area of speciality.
So for example, bloggers can offer to help others with their writing or teach others how to use social media properly.
Conversely, you could even suggest to all your friends that they get my free e-book – Make It Happen 🙂
Please also share your own ideas about how you spread kindness in the world in the comments below.
What goes around is sure to come around – happy helping 🙂
Images courtesy of SweetOnVeg and katerha