So how is 2013 going for you?
What’s happened to your New Year resolutions?
By this time in January, most resolutions and goals for 2013 will have been discarded and forgotten for another year. Be honest – is that the case with you!?
Quite often this is because the goals were not inspiring or bold enough.
Today it’s snowing heavily in London and on days like this one may wonder what it’s all about and why one should even ponder on grand things like changing your life for the better and pursuing life goals.
What I have learnt from myself and coaching clients is this – the bigger and bolder the goal, the more you are likely to achieve it!
The moment you commit to a bigger game, the small things in your life just drop away.
In my coaching work with various clients, I am meeting more and more people who really want to play big and at the same time make a huge contribution to the world.
Just by you reading this post shows that you are willing to go further and make big steps in your life.
“The willingness to show up changes us, it makes us a little braver each time.” – Brene Brown
You deserve the best – and you deserve every opportunity to shine in a big way.
So today I am delighted to share with you a new course that will truly help you play bold in 2013 from my friend Tess Marshall. It’s the sort of value-filled and quality course which I wish I had created myself!
I took the opportunity to fire off a few questions to Tess, so she could tell us more about her course 30 Days of Bold.
1. Tess, welcome again to my blog! Let’s dive straight in – why does one need to be BOLD to Make it Happen?
Bold people are more courageous and are more likely to feel fully capable and go against the crowd and do the unexpected.
They aren’t afraid of shining – they love challenges, and tend to express themselves in a unique way.
2. Why did you create your course?
I understand what it is like to be paralyzed by fear. In the past, I made mistakes, I spent my time freaked out, playing small, denying and hiding from fear.
I sunk into depression and I hated my life. One day, when I couldn’t stand the pain, craziness or drama any longer… I reached out for help. I hired a therapist, attended a support group, found a mentor, hired a coach and put into practice what I learned.
Little by little, I turned my life around. I created a new story. The payoff of my post-fear life…I raised my family, I saved my marriage, became a successful therapist, a coach, an author, a professional speaker, a blogger, a writer…I achieved things I never would have thought possible.
I’ve had a successful career, over 20 years of experience, as a therapist, courage coach, speaker and writer. The course provides the proven tools and techniques that I have used myself and with clients…
It’s the culmination of everything I’ve learned. I’m still asked, “How do you do it?” 30 Days of Bold is my answer. You only need to apply it to your own situation. Not only does 30 Days of Bold offer the tools to move beyond fear, it offers a map to self-love, faith in oneself, risk-taking, to positively anticipate your future and achieve a deeper appreciation of life and everything in it. We often look up to brave, bold and successful people. It’s time to become one of them!
In the end, I’ve been blessed with very loving and brilliant mentors and teachers throughout my lifetime. It’s my turn to give.
3. Sounds like a life-changing course – please tell us more about it.
30 Days to Bold is an interactive and live course that begins on Monday February 18th. It allows us to support and personally get to know each other. We overcome our fears and grow through our courage.
The course is designed to take one beyond excuses, procrastination, worries and doubts…from fear to freedom. You’ll gain the confidence to take bold action.
- Every Monday you will receive in your inbox a password that will give you access to the course on a private page at The Bold Life where you’ll find all the material, videos, eBooks and more.
- Access to a private live long Facebook page with myself and other bold people in the 30 Days of Bold community.
- A series of personal and heartfelt videos from my awesome and courageous friends. They share their own stories and expertise on how they have overcome fear and how you can too.
- A Series of Video Interviews with myself and other courageous experts.
- 4 LIVE group-coaching calls with me.
- My stories/guidance/wisdom gleaned from helping thousands of people through my work as a psychologist, life coach, and professional speaker.
- Weekly, worksheets, lessons, activities, encouragement and support.
- Over $100 in bonuses and other goodies from my fearless friends
- A copy of my Ecourse Take Your Fear and Shove it if you sign up before January 25th.
4. Before we go any further, for our readers, who don’t know you, please introduce yourself.
I currently work as a writer, speaker, and courage coach. I have a master’s degree in counselling psychology and had a private practice in Michigan for 10 years. I love to guide and inspire people to overcome their fears and live-out-loud. I write at The Bold Life, for an amazing and growing community, that I love dearly. My work has allowed me to reach people all over the world.
My passion is to help others grow through their fears and take the action needed to create and live a meaningful and inspired life. I’ve written three books and created a brand new course, 30 Days to Bold.
5. So who is “30 Days to Bold” for?
It’s for anyone who:-
- Is tired of false beliefs, facades and wants to live authentically!
- Needs needing practical tools and concrete tips on how to grab hold of their fears—with a sense of power, excitement and bold.
- Is interested in joining a community of people who are not waiting for “someday” to change their lives.
- Wants to overcome excuses, rejection and failure and move from victim to creator.
- Wants to loosen the grip of doubt and tap into their inner resources.
- Is sick and tired of paralyzing fear and is ready for greater and deeper success, love and happiness.
It’s for YOU if you are finally ready to:-
- Get clear and commit to what you really want for yourself.
- Make fear work for you instead of against you.
- Go from imagining the worst to expecting the best.
- Unearth your innate strength and freedom.
- Find a sense of safety while living in a world of fear.
- Step beyond your limitations and experience your true self.
- Be confident.
- Live without apology, explanation or apprehension.
- Receive encouragement and friendship from a supportive community.
6. Tess, that’s quite a promise you are making!
What are the benefits for those who enrol and participate in 30 Days of Bold? Is it really life changing!?
It is life-changing if you do the exercises, watch the videos, get involved in the community and apply what you learn.
“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin
You can’t think your way out of fear. You must act your way out of it!
Once you commit to doing what it takes you’ll become more confident and courageous in everything you do. You only need to take one small step at a time. All your little steps add up and take you where you need to be.
Once you change your life, there is no going back. You may fall back but you can’t stay back. It’s impossible.
When you learn how to walk through your fears you become unstoppable.
30 Days of Bold is an invaluable opportunity for you to increase your confidence, speak your truth and make the decisions that will improve your life and put you in harmony with your deepest desires.
The course will lead you out of the pitfalls of fear and insecurity and into the power of freedom an innate courage. Change your life and find freedom. Don’t delay. Join us today.
7. Tell us about a big fear that you’ve managed to overcome.
Hubs and I both lived in Michigan all our lives. When we were young and stuck, we decided we would move to the Southwest someday, after the girls left for college. We wanted to go to a warm climate!
In 2007, we finally made the move. When the economy was just beginning to go south, we decided it was “now or never.” He sold his business and I transitioned from a therapist in private practice to a courage coach. We sold our house but, at the time, were unable to sell our cottage. Hubs was hired as an accountant in Arizona the night before we left. He actually got the call while we were packing the truck.
It’s never too late to act on your dreams. You have to be willing to do what it takes even if it appears that things aren’t working out.
Whatever steps you take the Universe will meet you half way. We moved away from two daughters and their families. At the same time, another daughter transitioned from her teaching job to working as a flight attendant.
This meant, as her parents, we can fly free, anywhere Southwest flies! Since then, Southwest bought Air Tran and now we can fly to those destinations as well. We continue to go back to Michigan several times a year. For us, our family and grandchildren trump new adventures.
Don’t wait until your stars line up or the economy gets better. Our cottage just sold in August 2012. I’m so thankful we didn’t wait.
Dream, plan and act today! You have the power.
In 30 Days of Bold you’ll get the support and the roadmap to uncover your own power and to use it.
8. What is the most painful fear you can have?
The worst fear is one of feeling unloved and separate. All human beings have three things in common. We all want to give love, receive love and know that we matter. Once we live with an open heart and give and receive love freely, it’s impossible not to feel connected to the whole. Separation is an illusion.
9. How can we develop courage?
Be willing take action. Make a difference and use your talent and gifts to make the world a better place. Things will go wrong. So what? You’ll make mistakes. So what? You will be rejected. So what?
Keep going, ask for help, find support and be willing to do what it takes.
Here’s my favourite quote on fear:
“I have accepted fear as a part of life – specifically the fear of change…. I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back.” ~Erica Jong
30 Days of Bold offers you the safety and support of a loving community. You don’t have to go it alone!
10. What qualifies you to do this work?
I raised my family, I saved my marriage, became a successful therapist, a coach, an author, a professional speaker, a writer… I’ve achieved things I never would have thought possible in my life.
I’m only getting started! This course is the culmination of everything I’ve learned. For those of you who want to know how I did it, this course is for you! Begin today, with one small step in the right direction, and the tools to make new choices that support you in transcending your dreams.
11. Tell us about a difficult time and how you overcame your fear?
My daughter Kristy was born without a right hand. I was afraid for her. I knew life would be difficult at times and of course you want to save your kids from pain. I pushed her to do things she didn’t think she could. She also was determined to do what her sisters did.
Kristy learned how to play sports using her stub. She played basketball and soccer. She went on to the University of Chicago and played there for two years as well, before she reached her limits. Now she runs marathons, participates in triathlons and works for an athletic shoe company.
I didn’t let Kristy off the hook. Didn’t let her make excuses. She used to say when she was a little girl, “I can’t do the dishes because I only have one hand.” I’d reply, “Oh yes you can, it will just take you longer.” The way I overcame all my fears around my parenting and marriage was one step at a time.
12. What would you say to young children who are faced with such huge challenges today?
How can they BOLDLY follow their dreams?
I would tell them to be smart with their money, be willing to work hard, be different, partner with others and have fun.
13. Finally, what do you hope that people will take away after completing the course?
I want them to see that they are not alone and that there is nothing wrong with them. We all fail, we all make mistakes and we all have flaws. I want them to own their power and innate goodness.
I want them to use their innate courage and have faith in themselves. I want to see them use their gifts, talents and to offer them to others along the path.
When one of us succeeds, we all succeed in making the world a better place to live!
“There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” – Dennis Waitley
Thanks Tess for sharing about your course – and congratulations for making it happen!
Sign up to 30 Days of Bold by clicking on the image below:-