A while ago someone sent me these “Indian Ten Commandments” – these are from the North American Indians (and not the Asian Indians).
The Ten Indian Commandments are a set of ethical instructions purporting to be the Native American equivalent of the biblical Ten Commandments. The source of these commandments is not known nor is it certain that they do indeed originate from the American Indians.
However what cannot be disputed is just how relevant these ten commandments are for today’s world:-
1. Remain close to the great spirit.
2. Show great respect for your fellow beings.
3. Give assistance and kindness whenever needed.
4. Be truthful and honest at all times.
5. Do what you know to be right.
6. Look after the well being of the mind and body.
7. Treat the earth and all that dwells thereon with
8. Take full responsibility for your actions.
9. Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater
10. Work together for the benefit of all mankind.
These ten principles can be taken as the manifesto for us to live by in the 21st century.
Now to get the whole world to live by these…starting with you 🙂