Sometimes you just have to admire people’s tenacity to get what they want.
Some people will go to any lengths to get a bite at the cherry. Or a sight of a “celebrity”. Or even a glimpse of a musical band in the distance.
If I was to have a competition to guess what is happening in the above picture, there would probably not be any winners.
Well, the above picture was taken in in July 2005 at Hyde Park during the Live8 concert. These desperate fans were taking a peep through a gap of a mere inch at the bottom of the wooden fencing. Now that’s what I call persistence!
There are some lessons here for all of us – some more useful than others:-
1. If you are determined enough, you can find a way (or a gap in this case).
2. A short taster of something is better than nothing.
3. If you find a winning formula, others will soon join you!
4. There is more than one way of enjoying anything.
5. Some things in life are just as good when free!
6. Everyone looks good in jeans :-).
So next time, you are really stuck, remember that where there is a will, there is a way.
Just make sure you are wearing your blue jeans.