So what have YOU planned for this month?
It’s the beginning of a new month – and with a new month comes an opportunity to review and start fresh in different areas of your life.
A while ago I wrote a post about making it happen in your life by going on an adventure for 30 days.
This proved to be quite a popular post as the idea of an adventure resonated with readers – somehow it felt lighter and more fun than just trying to achieve some dry goals in 30 days.
Now here we are at the beginning of another month.
How has your year been so far?
Like many people, you may have set New Year resolutions – where are you with them!?
What happened to them? Forgotten or given up on them?
Though it has become part of our culture to set goals at the beginning of the year, you can of course do so at any time of the year.
So why not start today?
Maybe goal setting is not even for you. Maybe life is just great as it is – and actually, life is great, if only you can teach yourself to think like that.
Most people ultimately want to feel happy and peaceful. So what if you could be feeling blissful and light in just 31 days?
Having long term objectives is wonderful to motivate and inspire you, but for today let’s focus on the next 31 days.
What would you like to be feeling like in 31 days time?
Supposing there was a way of feeling really blissful and light in just 31 days time?
Well, I have the privilege and honour of knowing many blogging friends – and I am proud to share with you 31 articles which I know will help you transform your life in just 31 days and make it light and blissful.
Being overwhelmed is not something I talk about much, but when I read what these friends have to offer and share with the world, I do get overwhelmed with gratitude; and the deep awareness that I am sharing this journey with such wonderful people – people who also share my values and desire to make this world a better place.
(And that’s just about the longest sentence I have ever written on my blog:-) )
I suggest you read all these articles over the next couple of days and apply those teachings and tips that resonate with you.
Enjoy, apply and be prepared to transform yourself.
1. Why not start afresh in your life? Rip up the script about yourself and how your life should be – and learn how to live a scriptless life
2. In the coming weeks, throw out of the window some of the rules that dicate your life. Yes, it’s good to every now and then, break the rules and change your life.
3. Do rules rule your life? Don’t rue missed opportunies for fun – so stop rules from killing the fun in your life.
4. Life is simple and about simplicity – so simply learn to see yourself in an all new beautiful light.
5. A part of becoming blissful is to learn to relax and let go. So its time to create a stress free zone. And if you are not already doing so, its high time you learnt to meditate.
6. Over the coming 31 days take a pledge to become fit and healthy. Strive for excellence, not perfection!
7. Why not follow Gandhi’s advice and let your life be your message?
8. Who said you always had to rise early to shine? Sleep a little longer and forget about early rising.
9. Maybe you don’t even need any to do lists – just let go of the freaking never ending to do list! .
10. Perhaps its time for you to slow down – become like the buddha and make it happen mindfully!
12. Are you a perfectionist? Then strive for excellence instead!
13. Do you hold on to stuff and all that grimey stuff? Then just answer my 20 Questions to simplify your life forever.
14. At the same time, practice the art of being a minimalist – start with that delcuttering today!
15. What are you really afraid of in your life? Feel the fear and change the world anyway!
16. Look at what you really want to do in your life – and get committed to living a powerful life and who better than Gandhi to share his 11 key lessons to live a powerful life of commitment
17. Practice kindness and compassion – here are 29 ways to carry out random acts of kindness every day (disclaimer – this post is one of my own:-) ). You could actually do a different thing each day and on days 30 and 31, you can repeat two of the other ones:-)
Any act of kindness will come back to you many fold – if nothing else, just remember this beautiful story of a kid, a tie and a chocolate smile.
18. Get a better picture of your finances and start saving and cutting out wasteful spending – set yourself a challenge to save a 1000 dollars in 30 days.
19. Do something for the world and help to save our resources. Are you really troubled by your trash? Recycling is taking off and so you can do your bit too:-).
20. Life is not all about succeeding all the time and at all costs. And enjoy being young for ever! Why would you ever want to grow up anyway?
21. Learn to become more productive with everything you do – discover the best productivity system.
22. Do you really enjoy doing stupid work? Then its simple – in the next 31 days stop doing stupid work!
23. No matter what you are going through right now, look for peace in troubled times.
And make sure in the next 31 days to have some downtime and a laugh, maybe even learn something new, odd and zany. For a start, go and find out why you can only judge a sheep by the size of its testicles.
I “kid” you not, it’s true:-)
24. Is your body your temple? If not, then it ‘s time for you to eat healthfully
26. Create the sort of legacy you will be proud of – start by teaching your kids and others the art of appreciation by sending thank you notes.
“It’s a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation.”
27. What do you stand for? And what do you want your life to be about? Learn from Gandhi and let your life be your mission.
28. Are you present or do you have a thousand things going on in your head? Be present rather being somewhere else.
29. Learn to be selfless and successful at the same time.
Or maybe you are already fulfilled and perfect where you are at in your life – then forget the search for meaning.
31. Finally, and most importantly, how to always live joyfully no matter what – profound message from Sadhguru.
There you are – the best 31 articles to help you find bliss and lightness in just 31 days.
So what do you intend to like in 31 days time?
Please do share. And then come back in 31 days to tell us how you got on.
Have an amazing, life-changing 31 days!Photos courtesy of Meanest Indian and Luke Bosman