What I am committed to
I am taking a stand to live a life of contribution by making a positive and powerful impact on the world.
I am committed to opening you to the possibility of discovering your deepest purpose, living a fully expressed life filled with peace, love, well-being, courage and integrity.
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children … to leave the world a better place … to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
My deepest Intention
I intend to create a movement of people who want to make the world a better place whilst also improving their own lives.
Have you ever wondered how you could make the world a better place?
How you can somehow make a difference to the people around you, whilst at the same time have the best possible life yourself?
I have been asking myself these questions all of my life and a while ago reached the conclusion that it was up to me and all of us to make it happen.
From the time I used to give away my pencils to poor African children at school during my childhood days in Kenya to the days when I spent many weeks helping out at a charity school in South India, I felt called to do something for others.
It took me many years of working in the corporate world before a series of painful life changing experiences led me to do what I do know.
Learn more about how experiencing unconditional love for the first time during my visit to Nirvana School in South India, changed my life forever.
Call it destiny or fate, it seemed I was born to contribute and make a difference to others.
However, I now know that ALL of us have this same desire and calling to leave the world a better way in some way. At the same time, we all wish to grow in our lives and make the most of our time here.
My intention is to help you do just that – make the most of your lives and at the same time make a profound difference in the world.
All of us have this deep down desire to leave a lasting legacy for the generations to come.
At the same time, I believe that by being the best we can, we fulfil our destiny on earth and also leave the world a better place.
Surely that is not much to ask for?!
To get started, please download my Make It Happen manifesto.
All you need to know about me
- My name is Arvind Devalia, but my name and yours is just a label for convenience. It’s what we make of our name that really counts.
- I may not yet have all the answers for you and the world, but I have a heart yearning to give and share what I have.
- I may not have made the most of my years to date, but I can assure you that I will do whatever it takes to make it happen for a better world to my dying day.
- I may have two degrees and many certificates and accolades, but I am still ignorant and learning about what really matters in life.
- I may be of Indian origin and living in the UK, but I am a citizen of the world.
- I may have made many mistakes in my life and will make many more, but know that my intention is always to learn, become a better person and to serve you.
- I may not have the finest looking site or the most popular blog, but know that I will always give you and the world all I have.
- I may be getting “old” in years, but I will be forever young at heart:-)
What You will Find Here
I will be sharing here inspirational but practical advice on how to make it happen so that you have a better life – and also how you can leave the world a better place.
- Create your legacy
- Simplify your life
- Strive for excellence
- Eat and live healthily
- Improve all your relationships
- Make the most of your work
- Find your joy and achieve happiness
- Adopt the principles of personal social responsibility
And much more.
What I believe in
1. We can all have abundant, peaceful and happy lives.
2. We are here to make the most of what we have and leave the world a better place than we found it. This includes creating financial abundance for us, living healthy lives and having loving relationships.
3. Everyone has a right to live with dignity and respect.
4. There is no limit to our ingenuity in improving the lives of our fellow human beings – we just need the will and desire to do so.
5. Ultimately we all want to live peaceful lives of contribution and making a difference to others in our own small or big way.
6. We are here for a short time on the earth and it is up to each one of us to create a lasting legacy for those who will follow us.
7. Though we may face challenging and at times seemingly impossible odds, we will ultimately prevail and the world will be a better more just and safer place!
Some Final Words
Remember that your life counts – and make it count.
You are unique – there is no one like you on this planet – never has been and never will be.
Do not sell your self short.
Do not sell the world short.
This is your life – love it, live it.
One life, one chance – grab it.
Get the life you love – and live it.
If you’d like to connect with me, the contact page is probably the best way to do it. Alternatively, please also look me up:
Thank you, friends.