Do you ever suffer from a heavy head?
I had a heavy head yesterday morning and it didn’t feel great. Maybe you can relate to this – a sheer feeling of heaviness and sluggishness.
So I found a simple solution – I had a haircut. And immediately I felt so much better.
It always helps to let go of all that extra weight:-)
Looking around, Gandhi was bald too.
Dr Wayne Dwyer, one of my inspirational teachers, is also folliclely challenged or should that be folliclely gifted? Or maybe it’s just old age:-)
Let me point out that I didn’t go the whole way and have a bald hair-style, but given the chance, my barber would have loved to have shorn off all my hair.
So here’s an idea for you – next time you feel heavy headed, go and get a haircut.
I know how some of you will be really attached to your hairstyle – but try something new and get a different look.
Even if you are female and you have longish hair. Indeed, especially if you are female. New look, new beginnings 🙂
Leo Babauta of Zen Habits in particular takes a minimalist approach to sartorial elegance. Maybe we should take a leaf out of his book and shorn more hair off our heads.
Failing that you can also consider these ideas to clear that heavy head in just 10 minutes:-
- Walk around your neighbourhood
- Drink herbal or green tea at your local café
- Sit in a garden and do nothing
- Take a power nap (and make sure it’s no more than 10 mins)
- Listen to some soothing, soft music.
- Do the hula hoop (my favourite – video coming soon!)
- Bounce gently or even rigorously on a rebounder or trampoline
- Meditate in a quiet spot
- Have a freshly squeezed vegetable or fruit juice, ideally made by you
Now over to you – how do you get rid of that heavy feeling?
If not a haircut, then what do you do?Image courtesy of GerryT